Lead Generation and Cultivation Case Study
Destination: a 94% increase in conversion rates.
Hailed as the “World’s Best” #1-rated luxury cruise line, Crystal Cruises has always had a strong brand recognition.
But a challenging economy, increased competition, plus aggressive pricing from other lines were taxing the business.
Crystal not only needed to fend off the competition, but also meet aggressive growth goals.
Anderson instituted a best-practices-based marketing strategy that—
- Used best-practices creative to deliver the brand
- Expanded the power of rental lists with modeling, segmentation and profiling
- Broadened audience segments from 6 to 60
- Increased the variety of response channels and mail frequency
- Included many tactical tests focused on creative, messaging, format, offer and list
- Optimized Crystal’s paid search management efforts
At the foundation was a data warehouse and executive “dashboard” to track results.
After diligent testing of creative, messaging, format, offer and lists, Anderson’s in-depth analysis revealed that—
- Response rate is indeed an early indicator of success
- Key segments produced at 6-10X the normal response/conversion rates
Also, with our new, more sophisticated DM approach we—
- Lifted response by as much as 77%, and conversion by as much as 94%
- Continued marketing to non-converting responders—for a 2,381% ROI
- Reduced paid search CPL by 75%
- Raised lead capture rate 400%