We want your relationship with Anderson, and your visits to this website, to be positive experiences. One way we try to ensure that positive experience is to respect your privacy.
We may process personal information on behalf of our clients. Where this occurs, we may direct you to our clients to better inform you of how your information is processed or to exercise certain rights you may have over your personal information.
We collect information directly from you when you:
- Send us an inquiry, submit questions or requests via various communication channels;
- Respond to an offer, participate in promotions, or other marketing events;
- Contact us for customer support or technical support; or
- Respond to our requests for contact information, such as your name, phone number, and the services you are seeking.
We also collect information about you from our business partners, clients, and third parties, including reputable data brokers, that help us provide our Services. We may also obtain information from publicly available sources.
We may also use tools to automatically collect information about you when you use our Services, including using cookies and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and similar technologies.
Depending upon how you interact with Anderson, we collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, for example, your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and other similar identifiers.
- Customer Records, for example your username and password, payment information, company name, job title, business email address, and other business contact information.
- Protected Classification Characteristics, for example, gender, age.
- Commercial Information, for example, information about products purchased or services purchased, obtained or considered.
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity Information, for example browsing history, log and analytics data, information about the devices used to access the Service, domain server, search history and information regarding your interaction with our Service.
- Professional or Employment Information, for example your current or past job history information.
- Inferences, for example, information reflecting your personal preferences, characteristics, behavior, attitudes, abilities and aptitudes.
- Sensitive Personal Information, for example, information about racial or ethnic origin, or personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health, sex life, or sexual orientation.
Use of information
We will use this information to:
- Respond to your requests;
- Fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services;
- Service your account;
- Comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- Send you information about Anderson; and
- Serve any purpose for which you have consented or any other purpose as permitted by applicable law or for our legitimate business purposes.
To the extent we collect and use of sensitive personal information as a covered business under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the collection and use is consistent with the permissible uses under the CCPA.
You may exercise your rights over your information or opt out of receiving future mail and/or email from Anderson at any time, simply by letting us know (See “Exercise Rights”, below.)
We may disclose information with third parties for specific purposes, including:
- With affiliated companies of Anderson.
- With our clients in order to fulfill contracts and provide them with our Services;
- With third parties who enable certain features or functionalities of our Services;
- With vendors and contractors who help provide us with aspects of the Services, including data storage, hosting, and customer services;
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests and law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others;
- As necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Anderson and affiliate companies;
- As necessary to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Anderson and affiliated company employees or agents, users and clients, or members of the public;
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock;
We do not sell, rent, trade, or share any information gathered on this site with any other third party organization for marketing purposes.
Users will be notified of any change of ownership or control of their information by either placing a prominent notice on the home page of the website or by directly sending you notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement and website to stay informed about the status of such information. Additionally, if you have any reservations about providing such personal information, we encourage you to not do so and/or “Opt Out” as discussed below, at any time you feel it is appropriate.
Retention of information
We will generally retain information about you for so long as we have a legal or business purpose for it or a legal requirement to maintain it. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you are a client with us or keep using our Services) and the length of time thereafter during which we may have a legitimate need to reference your personal information to address issues that may arise;
- Whether there is a legal or ethical obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Managing your information
You may have specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes your rights and explains how to exercise those rights, including to access, correct, or delete information we may hold.
If your information is held by us on behalf of a client, we may direct you to our client to make any requests regarding your information.
Right to Know and Data Portability Rights
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
Right to Delete
You may have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Correct
You may have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we may hold about you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct inaccurate personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purpose for our processing.
You can opt-out of receiving future mailings from Anderson (other than those required for servicing your account).
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To exercise any of the rights described above, you may send us a request by email, mail, phone or fax.
If you are emailing your request, please 1) State “Rights Request” in the subject line, 2) Indicate whether you wish to access, delete, correct, or opt-out of email, mail, or both. You may email your request to email@example.com.
To exercise your rights by mail, write to us at Anderson, 12650 Danielson Court, Poway, CA 92064.
Or you may fax your request to 858-413-0200, or call us at 858-413-0300.
We will not discriminate against you for exercise any of your rights.
Sales and Sharing of Personal Information
To opt out of these “sales” or “sharing” of personal information (as these terms are defined under the CCPA or other applicable US state privacy laws), you must:
- Toggle “off” cookies on your browser or enable Global Privacy Control signals on your browser; and
- Contact us through one of the methods described in the “Exercise Rights” section above.
We do not sell or share the personal information of consumers we know to be less than 16 years of age. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us if you, or your minor child, are under the age of 16.
Links to Third Party Sites
This site may contain links to other sites. Anderson is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of other websites. Anderson is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. Anderson is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Anderson of the site or any content therein.
We take precautions to protect the security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is inherently open, we cannot guarantee that communication or information is secure.
This policy may be changed at any time. Changes will be posted on this website and will take effect on the date of posting.
By accessing and using this website, you agree to the policies, terms, and conditions outlined above, any updates, and in our Legal Policy.
Last Reviewed: April 13, 2023