Senior Production Artist
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Department: Creative Team
As a Senior Production Artist at Anderson, you will work on the Creative team to execute art versioning and prepare art files for print across a variety of different clients. You will work directly with a number of internal teams, including Accounts and Production to format, execute and version direct mail packages, emails, and other direct marketing materials.
• Serve as a reliable, hands-on production design resource on multi-touchpoint materials for agency clients and internal assignments.
• Execute multiple creative projects throughout various stages of the design process
• Serve as team lead for all print-related SOPs (standard operating procedures)
• Contribute to team culture and our collaborative spirit
• Maintain the highest level of creative integrity and accuracy, representing agency standards and adhering to print guidelines and client requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 10+ years working in a production art or design role with a direct mail focus, and a proven track record of detail-oriented art production for both web and print. The ability to properly prep art files to ensure that they are ready for print.
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with the ability to work within client brand guidelines to ensure icons, infographics, interaction models, wireframes, envelopes, letters, brochures, or screen mockups align with established brand guidelines.
• Solid grasp of preparing work for print, including an understanding of colorspace (spot/process), folding, bleeds, and ability to version projects in a way that limits print costs.
• Experience producing a large number of versions across a creative deliverable and ability follow versioning grids to ensure all information and formatting is flawless.
• Ability to be the most detail-oriented person on the team and catch discrepancies within art files to ensure art release errors do not go into production.
• Ability to follow directions, ask relevant questions, soak up Brand Standards and grow in understanding of the print/variable data/mail workflow and needs downstream
• Ability to stay calm and focused during urgent deadlines
• Also must be a “people person” with excellent communication skills
• Experience with transitions, animation, motion design, and dynamic interaction a plus
• User Interface/User Experience and designing for mobile
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must have excellent communication skills in order to clearly articulate your ideas in a way that resonates with your team and other departments, while being receptive to feedback and direction
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Have both the innate ability to think strategically and influence others as well as the ability to maintain focus and momentum in the midst of a high volume of deliverables. Ability to juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Have excellent creativity and collaboration with the ability to brainstorm, share your design perspective, work across teams, and bring a concept to life
• Empathy and enthusiasm for businesses in both big and small and with brands of all kinds
• Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, attentive to deadlines, details, organization, and an effective time manager
• Strong business and personal ethics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer literate.
• Excellent attention to details.
• Organized with file management.
• Have both the innate ability to think strategically and influence others as well as the ability to maintain focus and momentum in the midst of a high volume of deliverables. You are able to juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations.
• Proficiency in Mac OSX, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.