Senior Director, Copywriter
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Anderson is looking for a Senior Director, Copywriter to work out of our Poway, CA location. This is an onsite position, but we are open to considering someone to work remote, with a hybrid schedule and relocation assistance is not provided. The Senior Director, Copywriter’s job is to develop and execute effective concepts and copy for direct marketing initiatives including direct mail, email and other marketing communications.
Please submit your writing sample along with your resume for consideration.
The Senior Director, Copywriter’s job is to provide best-in-class expertise related to direct marketing creative strategy and copy execution with a primary focus in the Medicare / health care arena. They will develop and execute effective concepts and copy for direct marketing initiatives including direct mail, email and other marketing communications.
- Serve as the key direct marketing copy lead on client initiatives for various projects across clients, markets and verticals.
- Collaborate with Executive Creative Director, Creative Directors, Art Directors/Designers, and Copywriters in the development of creative concepts and executions from creative brief through project completion.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest developments in direct marketing best practices and health care nuances, as well as assisting the larger Creative team in utilizing these best practices.
- Ensure consistent copy best practices are followed based on deliverable format.
- Develop direct marketing campaigns, which could include direct mail, email, social and digital, websites and DRTV, with a sound understanding of direct marketing fundamentals, strategies and tactics.
NA upon initial hire
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Marketing, Advertising or related major preferred
- 15+ years of copywriting experience focused on direct marketing and healthcare.
- Deep familiarity with direct mail formats and basic understanding of direct mail production; ability to conceptualize, visualize and write to formats and designs.
- Ability to work quickly and under deadline pressure.
- Understanding of direct marketing fundamentals and best practices and how to apply them in media including mail, email, websites, digital and social, broadcast.
- Flexibility to write for a variety of clients with diverse brand and campaign guidelines.
- Ability to turn complex (insurance and legal) language into simple, consumer-friendly benefit copy.
- Industry-best understanding of direct marketing principles as demonstrated through a resume/portfolio focused on direct marketing campaigns
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, timelines and direction as well as handle multiple projects across a variety of clients
- Highly organized in a setting where multiple projects must be managed with total accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective presentation skills – able to present and convey ideas to a number of audiences including senior management, clients, account executives and cross-functional teams
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative and be someone who is willing to learn, adapt and grow
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer literate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the HQ work environment is moderate, though this position is available for remote hire as well.