Senior Account Executive, Data Specialist- Remote/ Hybrid
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for driving execution for client direct marketing programs. The Senior Account Executive works directly with clients, the account team, Anderson’s internal teams and external service providers to facilitate marketing program execution with primary focus related to data strategy and delivery. The Senior Account Executive also supports the Senior Account Director and/or Account Director and Account Supervisor in development of programs which include overall project management related to data management and direct mail production execution and delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Development of a variety of Account Management Team daily program activities, including but not limited to:
- Develops and manages the following:
- Production handoff related to data management and direct mail production including data processing instructions, mail plans, and versioning matrices.
- Work with Production and/or Data Intelligence team members to meet project/program objectives and requirements.
- Perform data audits, production proof review, other required production tasks, and comply with quality improvement processes.
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures for procuring lists, receiving and sending data, processing data to customer’s specifications.
- Manage client production review and approval process based on client requirements
- Develop, manage, and update project schedules. Flags dependencies and leads resource challenge resolution.
- Develop/write correspondence in the form of conference reports, memos, matrices/spreadsheets, and additional project related communication.
- Develops and refines list and data recommendations, place list and data orders.
- Develop project estimates. Tracks actuals to budget, developing client cost baselines, and reporting discrepancies.
- Reconcile program costs and perform monthly billing.
- Compiles results for program analysis. Reviews for accuracy and flags anomalies.
- Understands each phase of a project from inception to completion and is able to communicate and speak to questions in regard to all phases.
- Collaborates with the Data Intelligence department to provide project data files and instructions as required
- Collaborates with the Production Data Processing department to provide project data files and instructions as required
- Collaborates with the Digital department or external contact to provide project data files and instructions as required
2. Serves as Account Management lead and as a liaison for the Account Management Team and/or client to Production Data Processing and/or Data Intelligence team members for the dissemination of information related to Data Management and Processing deliverables.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all Production and Data Intelligence resources.
- Develops and manages comprehensive data processing instructions and programs including Business Rules, Mail Plans, and any related documentation necessary. Works with clients and programmers to develop effective and efficient data processing plans and programs to meet project/program objectives and requirements.
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures in submitting instructions for procuring lists, receiving and sending data, processing data to customer’s specifications.
- Conducts pre-flight meetings with representatives of the Production and Data Intelligence teams to discuss detailed requirements for a project and to ensure that all functional areas are informed of customer requirements.
- Performs data audit checks throughout the programming process.
- Verifies correct output and reports of all data files prior to being submitted to production and is able to analyze Merge/Purge results to identify the end result and provide input to the team
- Able to provide strategic input on full-service data processing projects and participate in the creation of Data Strategy Brief and project instructions
- Able to analyze and review data audits, waterfall reports and determine accuracy of results
- Provides detailed reports to client as required.
3. Assists Account Management Team in maintaining and nurturing client relationships.
- Leads day-to-day client activities and communication, tailoring communication and reporting style to individual client needs.
- Supports communications with clients, including presenting direct marketing recommendations, and reporting.
- Participates in internal client brainstorming sessions by contributing ideas for projects.
- Schedules client meetings and teleconferences for team and helps prepare materials for them. Leads weekly status meetings related to project management deliverables.
- Participates in client face-to-face meetings, presenting as appropriate as it relates to project management deliverables.
4. Assists in managing internal and vendor relationships to ensure deliverables are produced accurately, on time, and within budget.
- Maintains communication with all Data Intelligence and Production Data Processing teams on active projects, driving awareness & agreement on timelines for deliverables.
- Validates Data output and aligns with campaign objectives.
- Escalates any issues, challenges, or concerns to the Account Team or VP of Agency Services, and recommends solutions.
- Tracks schedules closely to ensure that deliverables are met.
5. Gains knowledge of trends in clients’ industries and stays current with these industries through regular review of industry specific material.
- Reviews periodicals, on-line information, industry newsletters.
- Attends industry events that are directly related to clients’ verticals.
- May represent organization at industry or skill specific meetings or conferences.
- Shares specific areas of expertise/knowledge with peers, developing presentations or other materials as appropriate.
6. Collaborates with Account Team to effectively complete scope of work so that it is timely, top quality and meets client expectations.
- Thought leader on Account Team for ways to improve a project or process.
- Facilitates pre-flight and post mortem debriefs to communicate the scope of new projects, client expectations, and results-tracking needed.
- Documents all necessary written instructions in the required formats for all activities to be performed by each department.
7. Mentors and educates other members of the team, helping develop their skills, and delegating supporting tasks as appropriate.
8. Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or assigned, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in a Marketing support position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Strong communication skills with experience writing reports, business correspondence, and PowerPoint presentations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and unit prices. Intermediate Excel experience with the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Detailed oriented. Computer literate. Ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.