Senior Account Director
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, and Flexible Time Off
Department: Account Management
The Senior Account Director maintains and grows relationships with assigned customer accounts, while achieving revenue and profitability expectations. Reporting to the VP of Agency Services, the Senior Account Director is expected to retain existing business, while recognizing and pursuing profitable growth opportunities within assigned customer accounts. Customer accounts are typically nationally based and most accounts require the Senior Account Director to lead various disciplines within the direct and digital marketing space.
The Senior Account Director is responsible for driving strategy and developing new business opportunities within the accounts they are assigned. They must completely take ownership of the relationship at this highest level of said accounts in collaboration with the EVP, VP of Agency Services and/or assigned sales representative.
Drive Revenue and Growth
- Retains and grows volume, revenue, and profitability through proactive management of assigned large-customer relationships.
- Penetrates assigned accounts by identifying and selling new or additional products or services to current accounts.
- Collaborate on all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as directed by senior management.
- Ability to identify large growth opportunities within existing accounts by expanding relationships into other business units/lines of business/departments.
Client Relationship Builder
- Primary relationship owner of several key accounts.
- Closely manages assigned customers’ transition from sale to and all onboarding.
- Proactively manages client satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction.
- Creates team atmosphere and ensures effective and open communication between Anderson and the client/s.
- Resolve issues to client satisfaction.
- Collaborates with EVP, Strategy and Sales team during prospecting process and/or while launching new projects with existing accounts.
- Develops Program Plans for all assigned accounts by leading a joint company/client planning process that identifies relevant account needs, prioritizes initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear action plan for success.
- Guides all strategy initiatives to ensure it meets client objectives and goals.
- Proactively develops marketing solutions including acquisition, retention, and reactivation initiatives across various media channels and customer segments.
- Provides strategic leadership and mentoring throughout the organization.
- Proactively tracks and analyzes KPIs, draws conclusions and makes strategic recommendations for ongoing campaign optimization.
- Leads direct and digital campaigns to include; creative, social media, paid search, direct mail, digital display, email, websites, TV, video, reporting/analysis, etc.
- Monitors resources and account team staffing to ensure we are meeting KPI goals and consistently delivering on our clients’ needs.
- Manages and communicates the following information to clients’ and Anderson departments as required: strategic program plans/briefs, creative briefs, media and list plans, campaign analysis.
- Develops proforma projections to inform budget allocation and project campaign performance in order to measure against target KPIs.
- Mentor and provide guidance to the Account Management Team.
- Responsible for training, development, morale, and associate retention.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achieves appropriate revenue growth based on company goals.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Establishes client account plans that align with company objectives in all assigned accounts.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Maintains target associate retention goals.
- Reports to the VP of Agency Services.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead cross-functional teams in order to exceed client expectations and deliver upon client goals.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement to consistently improve quality and operational efficiencies.
Lead an Account Management team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; involved in appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Marketing related major and 10+ years direct marketing related experience in a client services role and/or training. Multi-channel marketing experience highly desired. Excellent people skills required. Self-starter, customer focused team player.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to be comfortable with and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong Excel, PPT and Word skills required.
This position includes periods of telephone-intensive work and may require sitting for long periods of time. The ability to travel is required.