Paid Search Senior Manager (SEM and Social)
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Department: Digital Team
We are looking for a qualified Paid Search Senior Manager to join our Digital team. As a Paid Senior Manager, you have expert knowledge in lead acquisition, optimization and testing strategies with a data-driven mindset.
In this role, you will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in principles of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Social Media Advertising (SMA). You possess excellent communication and organization skills to handle our paid advertising accounts in a cohesive way. To be successful, you must be a self-starter, strong communicator, highly organized, detail-oriented, creative, and collaborative.
The Paid Search Senior Manager will oversee paid search and paid social campaigns, own client reporting deliverables, and assist the Sales Team in new business pitches.
- Responsible for managing and implementing successful paid search campaigns, paid social campaigns, demonstrating revenue goals, efficiency, quality, and volume
- Manage budgets and campaign expenses, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
- Execute campaign adjustments per client requests, communicating necessary caveats and potential expectations of changes
- Creating insightful data visualizations for formal business reviews and ad hoc client requests.
- Maintain solid best practices with regards to launch, maintenance, optimizations, and reporting
- Work with Designers or Developers to setup paid media tracking and help optimize landing pages for optimum quality scores
- Create departmental Standard Operating Procedures for Paid Search and Paid Social
- Strong grasp of ROI with an analytical mind to mine data for insights
- Monitor budget and adjust bids to gain better ROI
- Produce reports for management (e.g. dashboards)
- Extensive keyword research to establish strong industry position
- Monitoring competitors pay per click campaigns and reporting on auction insights
- Remain current with industry trends while continually leveraging new tools and industry best practices to boost efficiency of campaigns.
- BS/BA in Marketing, Digital Media or a related field
- Active use experience of Google Analytics
- 3+ year(s) experience:
- In a traditional agency environment
- Manually optimizing (not just bid strategy experience)
- Managing accounts directly in Google Ads & Bing Ads.
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ experience as a PPC Manager or PPC Specialist with proven experience managing budgets of $700K+
- Must have direct expertise with media buying across ROAS, CPA, CPC and CPM models
- Certifications required:
- Google Ads Fundamentals
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Ads certification
- Facebook Ads certification (preferred)
- Expert knowledge of Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, and Facebook/Instagram Ads, including search, video, display and retargeting.
- 1+ year(s) experience with 3rd Party Ad Serving tools (Marin or Kenshoo preferred);
- Experienced or knowledgeable of CRO tools to setup, launch, develop a/b tests (VWO, Optimize, ClickTale, etc)
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Strong data and analytical skills – must be able to turn raw data into actionable insights.
- Mastery of marketing funnels and the economics of user acquisition
- Excellent communication skills
- Thought leadership and subject matter expert in paid acquisition strategies
- Experienced or knowledgeable of Programmatic Advertising using Demand-side platforms such as DoubleClick, MediaMath and AppNexus
- Moderately experienced using Microsoft Excel for building and analyzing
- 3rd party phone tracking
- Amazon Marketing Services platform
- Extensive Google Ads Editor experience, specifically to achieve bulk update tasks