Director of Digital Marketing
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for the overall quality, delivery, vision, direction, efficiency and management of Andersons’ digital services. This individual is responsible and accountable for all digital deliverables and the process by which Anderson delivers digital services. The Director of Digital Marketing must possess a strong understanding of the competitive landscape and be able to consult with existing and potential clients regarding their digital marketing needs. The Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for ensuring that Anderson continues to exceed client expectations with highly innovative and effective digital solutions.
- Work with senior leadership to develop and position Anderson’s digital services in order to meet overall company growth and profitability goals.
- Lead the overall digital vision and process for the company and where appropriate for individual accounts/projects.
- Develop new practices and processes that effectively position Anderson as an industry leader and innovator.
- Identify and integrate new digital products and services into Andersons’ offerings.
- Help Anderson foster an environment and company culture for pushing the digital envelope, continually raising the bar on the quality and innovation in delivering successful business solutions for our clients.
- Monitor trends in the digital marketing industry to be prepared for potential changes and positioned for success as an industry leader.
- Represent the company at networking functions, meetings and other industry-related marketing events.
Team Management and Development
- Build, mentor and manage a combination of both internal and external individuals, to achieve maximum performance.
- Support the employee professional development process throughout the digital department.
- Lead the process of recruiting, negotiating, and contracting with freelance and full-time staffing when necessary.
- Organize the digital team with appropriate structures, teams, experience levels, diversity of skills, etc. in order to manage assignment of staff/vendors across accounts/projects maximizing relevancy, efficiency, staff development, quality, and value.
Sales, Account and Project Delivery
- Support the new business teams in winning new accounts by participating in the pitch process as needed.
- Ultimately accountable for the quality, strategy, integrity and profitability of all digital deliverables.
- Ability to conceptualize big ideas and present/sell those concepts to clients and prospects.
- Partner with account management leadership to identify digital objectives and strategies, based on our clients’ business needs, goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic and/or tactical digital leadership in client relationships and on accounts/projects as needed.
- Present, and sell-through proposed digital solutions internally and to clients.
- Develop relationships with relevant client stakeholders and other agency partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8-10 years of Agency experience in a variety of digital services such as web development, paid search, digital strategy, etc., including experience managing a team.
- Strong client-facing experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication to clients, internal staff, and the management team.
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams to reach performance goals and excellence.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Knowledge and demonstration of sound management practices.
- Ability to see the big picture while having superior attention to detail.
- Ability to budget and estimate accurately.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to travel for client meetings as needed.
PC fluent. Proficient with the latest versions of the MS Office suite and MS Outlook.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and proposals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment constitutes frequently traveling by motor vehicle and airplane, utilizes the Corporate Office and associate’s home office.