Direct Response Copywriter
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Anderson is looking for a Direct Response Copywriter to work out of our Poway, CA location. This is an onsite position (not remote) with a hybrid schedule and relocation assistance is not provided. The Direct Response Copywriter’s job is to develop and execute effective concepts and copy for direct marketing initiatives including direct mail, email and other marketing communications.
Please submit your writing sample along with your resume for consideration.
- Serve as a key copy resource on client initiatives for various projects across clients, markets and verticals.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Art Directors and Designers in the development of creative concepts and executions from creative brief through project completion
- Remain up-to-date on the latest developments in direct marketing best practices
- Ensure consistent copy best practices are followed based on deliverable format
- Develop direct mail campaigns with a sound understanding of direct marketing
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Marketing, Advertising or related major preferred
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience focused on direct marketing
- Sound understanding of direct marketing principles as demonstrated through a resume/portfolio focused on direct marketing campaigns
- Experience planning and executing versioning and new-concept projects from start to finish
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, timelines and direction as well as handle multiple projects across a variety of clients
- Highly organized in a setting where multiple projects must be managed with total accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective presentation skills – able to present and convey ideas to a number of audiences including senior management, clients, account executives and cross-functional teams
- Excellent sense of writing to responsive layouts, formats and other deliverable formats
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative and be someone who is willing to learn, adapt and grow