Direct Print Mail Production Project Manager – Advertising Industry
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Department: Production Team
Provides operational excellence in managing and troubleshooting client direct marketing projects. These accounts may include light Agency and production heavy support levels support levels. Assumes primary project ownership to manage workflow, ensure quality is met and maintain accurate project records from inception to completion. MUST HAVE DIRECT PRINT MAIL PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Client Service
The Production Project Manager owns the primary relationship with clients. The PPM drives the relationship forward with the members of the client’s team who are responsible for the planning and execution of projects that Anderson is managing.
- Participates in the initial creative phase, if needed.
- Develops and documents detailed project plans to support each phase or requirement of a specific project.
- Initiates and maintains regular and timely client communication throughout the planning, implementation and ongoing production process and keeps customers informed of schedules and job status.
- Responds to inquiries, resolves complaints, obtains approval of materials, and provides accurate and timely communication to the client for project status updates.
- Initiates and attends on-site and off-site client meetings.
- Participates in client presentations, upon request.
- Initiates and participates on client conference calls.
- Client advocate.
- Learns to recognize if there is an opportunity to sell additional services to clients or to negotiate pricing.
- Understands each phase of a project from inception to completion and is able to communicate and speak to questions in regards to all phases.
2. Production Sales
- Responds to new customers provided by the Agency and Productions Sales team to ensure that appropriate contacts are established and that all components of a sold project are clearly defined for all internal departments.
- Communicates to Agency, Sales and Production Sales with confirmation of customer contact and informs them of any additional information necessary or changes that may need to be made to meet customer requirements or expectations.
- Provides quotes and production estimates to Agency/Production Sales as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for sales growth within existing accounts
- Provides quotes and collaborative input to clients to support their ongoing needs and initiatives.
- Proactive and able to provide strategic input in regards to production.
- Submits revenue forecast on a quarterly basis for Agency clients.
The Production Project Manager leads the Anderson Production Account Team for a client project. This team may consist of Pre-Press Creative, DP, Offset Print, Digital and Letter shop or other functional areas as determined by client specifications.
- Conducts pre-flight meetings with representatives of production or Data Processing departments to discuss detailed requirements for a project and to ensure that all functional areas are informed of customer requirements.
- Participates in the Creative development process to ensure that all client materials meet production capabilities and all USPS requirements.
- Creates, manages and coordinates detailed production schedules, matrices and hot sheets.
- Provides the ability to track projects from inception to completion.
- Works with the Agency Account Team/client to identify and document all necessary written instructions in the required formats for all activities to be performed by each department.
- Provides all necessary information to the Agency Account Manager/client in order to assemble all component parts of the jobs and to initiate jobs into production.
- Communicates with the Agency Account Manager/client in order to track and assure timely movement of client’s jobs through all production processes to assure client schedules are met.
- Provides estimates to client, Agency Account Team or Sales.
- Up to date on postal rates and is able to provide recommendations on how to achieve the best postal rates available.
4. Offset Printing
- Assembles quotes obtained from print department
- Acquires print specifications from client
- Procures artwork for offset printing jobs.
- Advises client/agency account team as to best materials and production process to use for each specific application.
- Ensures proofs and sample materials are provided in a timely manner and that the printing schedule correlates with the required production letter shop time in order to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Attends in-house and outside vendor press check as needed.
- Is able to recognize print proof problems such as banding, registration problems, color issues etc.
5. Data Processing
Projects may frequently involve very complex Data Processing instructions.
- Develops and manages semi – comprehensive data processing instructions and programs – Works with clients and programmers to develop effective and efficient data processing plans and programs to meet project/program objectives and requirements.
- Completes detailed Data Processing Instructions according to customer requirements and procedures established by the Data Processing department.
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures in submitting instructions for procuring lists, receiving and sending data, processing data to customer’s specifications.
- Performs data audit checks throughout the programming process.
- Verifies correct output and reports of all data files prior to being submitted to production and is able to analyze Merge/Purge results to identify the end result.
- Provides detailed reports to customers as required.
- Works with other team members to produce a response analysis.
- Creates appends matrices as needed
6. Client Audits
The Production Project Manager oversees any client audit requirements for a project and coordinates internal requirements with the Project Coordinator and Production Departments
- Manages the entire client audit process, including onsite and off-site data and print.
- Client audits may be required throughout a project with multi-functional participation.
- Able to create and place list orders
- Communicates all invoicing requirements to Accounting at the inception of a new account.
- Prepares jobs for invoicing by reviewing pre-bill with Project Coordinator and/or Account Team updating all external costs and formatting as required.
- Promptly completes all billing requirements upon completion of job.
- Supports all administration procedures for applicable credit terms and processing, purchasing, invoicing, shop ticket preparation, and receipt of payments.
- Interfaces with client as needed for collections.
- Mentor and trainer for Senior Project Coordinators and Project Coordinators.
Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or assigned, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, preferred. 3-4+ years’ related experience in a Project Management role.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and unit prices. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Detailed oriented. Computer literate. Multi-tasking. Strong project management skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.