Data Processing Production Programmer
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, and Flexible Time Off
Department: Data Processing
The Data Processing Production Programmer will be responsible for the processing of customer data files for direct mail production. This entails the analysis of incoming data files, performing data hygiene steps, match (merge/purge), USPS postal sort process, creating formatted output files, along with configuring text, data, and graphics elements for digital, laser and inkjet production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding detailed processing instructions as outlined on work orders
- Knowledge of variable laser document setup techniques
- Utilize Data Processing systems and software to create production files performing DP functions:
- Incoming file load and convert
- Match / Consolidate
- Suppression processing
- Audit reports
- Proof file creation
- Meeting scheduled work deadlines.
- Self QC/review and audit of all tasks performed.
- Ensure accuracy between data, personalization instructions and final output.
- Review job specifications to identify time constraints and report potential scheduling conflicts to DP Management.
- Communicate status of jobs at key time intervals to DP Management.
- Support Account Services and Account Management by reviewing DP instructions and sharing technical knowledge.
- Identify opportunities to improve the process, make recommendations and be prepared to answer questions that may arise.
- Promote quality work.
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to precise details and accuracy.
- Understands programming concepts and logic.
- Some knowledge of database tools, and graphic authoring software and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, highly dynamic atmosphere and react quickly to changes.
- FoxPro, SQL, BCC Ignite, Redpoint or other mail-processing utilities, InDesign, XMPie.
- Knowledge of US Postal Service regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 2 plus years related experience within the data processing and/or digital print setup field
• Experience with BCC Ignite, Redpoint, XMPie or other mail processing platforms is preferred.
Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and staff.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills. Excellent people skills. Computer literacy in FoxPro, SQL, BCC Mail Manager or other mail-processing utilities, InDesign, XMPie. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The ability to focus. Great attention to detail.Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills. Excellent people skills. Computer literacy in FoxPro, SQL, BCC Mail Manager or other mail-processing utilities, InDesign, XMPie. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The ability to focus. Great attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Between $25.00 (USD) to $30.00 (USD) hourly, depending on experience. This position also requires overtime hours during peak busy periods.
Possibility of hybrid remote schedule after satisfactory completion of introductory period.