Data Intelligence Engineer
$75,000 – $85,000 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Department: Data Intelligence (DI) Team
Anderson is a full-service direct marketing company located in Poway, CA. We are looking for a full-time Data Intelligence (DI) Engineer for our Data Intelligence (DI) Team.
The DI Engineer will be a great collaborator and support the Lead Engineer & Data Architect in the development, maintenance and management of data solutions.
Projects will include management of databases and data applications including but not limited to full data solutions, data staging & cleansing, data processing, campaign data selections, list management, dashboard extracts, digital back-end applications, modeling and analytical projects. Ability to work in a fast paced, highly dynamic atmosphere and react quickly to changes and meet tight deadlines.
The DI Engineer will embrace and advocate for our Team Smart Goals and embody the pillars of ‘The Anderson Way’ – approachable, friendly, empathetic, supportive, respectful and patient.
· Work cross-functionally with members of various teams
· Strong technical and problem-solving skills with an impeccable eye for detail
· Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and instructions
· Implement, test and maintain highly scalable, robust and data solutions and systems
· Data “cleansing and manipulation” involving Cass/NCOA/Matchcoding to merge data from multiple sources
· Skilled in SQL, programming languages, IDE’s, relational database design, cloud services and ability to learn new technologies and software quickly
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· Analyzing business and data processing issues
· Help identify ways to improve existing processes including automated and adhoc QA processes to ensure the accuracy and quality of programming output
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational and time management skills
· Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
· Other duties and responsibilities as apparent or assigned, including mutually agreed upon objectives
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, preferred
· 2 plus years SQL programming
· 2 plus years related experience in data & digital applications including direct marketing, marketing databases, merge purge, list processing, and data hygiene
Excellent problem-solving skills and an understanding of programming concepts, tools and logic.
· General knowledge of:
- Various operating systems (e.g. Unix, Linus, Solaris, MS Windows)
- Database design, architecture (1-tier, 2-tier, 3-tier and n-tier) and associated interdependencies on Windows and other systems
· Strong command of:
- Database technologies (e.g.: MySQL, MSSQL, Postgre SQL, Oracle, Cassandra & MongoMB)
- Various programming languages (e.g. Python, C#, Scala, Java)
- ETL/Data Warehousing solutions
- Version control (e.g. TFS, SVN or Git)
- Cloud systems (e.g. Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
· First-hand experience with preparing data for Tableau and interdependencies
Excellent verbal and written skills including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and technical documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
Proficient in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel Skills. Multi-tasking. Strong time management skills. Must be versatile, flexible and have a willingness to work within an environment with constantly changing priorities.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.