Creative Design Director – Advertising
$60,000 to $70,000 Annually
$140,000 to $150,000 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Our employees are our best asset and we genuinely care about each one of them.”
Job Title: Creative Design Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Design Director is responsible for driving growth through impactful and effective creative development, leadership and execution. They lead projects and resources to deliver the highest quality output possible. Their specialized skillset on the design side of the Creative business helps provide expertise on all things related to design, art direction and production design best practices.
- Bring best in class design eye and push the creative team to produce their best design work
- Manage creative projects from inception through completion
- Inspire, motivate, and manage design staff
- Hands-on design on multi-touchpoint materials for high-profile agency clients
- Collaborate with agency departments to evolve creative across teams
- Plan, develop, and defend creative recommendations and goals
- Work closely with Creative and Account team members to maintain communication
- Work with Account Team to understand client needs and formulate creative plans/ideas to execute on the findings
- Oversee execution of creative efforts to ensure that they are meeting or exceeding agency standards
- Represent Creative in new business settings, including presenting, management of creative resources and general pitch preparation.
- Promote knowledge related to industry creative trends
- Foster a design driven atmosphere within the agency
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of new design techniques, trends and applicable software
- Contribute to culture and philosophy within agency to bring a positive, collaborative approach to Anderson’s newly launched creative department
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Marketing or related major preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in creative agency setting or related experience in creative, marketing and design
- Strong business and personal ethics
- Previous management experience
- Significant experience representing Creative in new business settings
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer literate.
Proficiency in Mac OSX, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ROI experts. That’s who we are.
No one delivers full-service direct and digital marketing results like Anderson.
A unique mix of seasoned and new-age talent, we’re experts in direct and digital marketing as well as production, leveraging our diverse backgrounds, skills and passion to help build businesses and brands—like yours.
To work at Anderson you need four things—true talent, proven experience, the ability to add to our collective skills, plus a passion for building strong, long-lasting relationships with our clients.
Company website: https://www.andersondd.com/
Company address: 12650 Danielson Court Poway, CA 92064-6822