Associate Creative Director – Design (ACD)
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Anderson Creative team seeks an Associate Creative Director with Design expertise and a strong portfolio of direct and digital materials. You will contribute daily to the team by providing impactful and effective creative development, leadership and design execution. You will work directly with a number of teams using your specialized skillset to provide quality art direction and design execution with design best practices intact at every step. You have vision, command of your work, and attention to detail, yet without ego that might interfere with collaboration. You are comfortable with, and motivated by, fast-paced environments where multiple deliverables at various stages of creative development are on your watch. You are a passionate Creative that wants to win as a team and be a true partner to our clients.
- Bring a best-in-class direct mail design eye and push the creative team to produce highly effective direct response design work
- Hands-on design on multi-touchpoint materials for high-profile agency clients
- Manage creative projects from inception through completion
- Help to inspire, motivate, and manage design staff
- Collaborate with agency departments to evolve direct mail and digital creative across teams
- Plan, develop, and defend creative recommendations and goals
- Work with Account Team to understand client needs and formulate creative plans/ideas to execute on the findings
- Oversee execution of creative efforts to ensure that they are meeting or exceeding agency standards
- Promote knowledge related to industry creative trends related to direct mail and digital marketing
- Foster a design driven atmosphere within the agency
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of new design techniques, trends and applicable software
- Contribute to culture and philosophy within agency to bring a positive, collaborative approach to Anderson’s creative department
- You will follow current Creative SOPs and also regularly reviewing SOPs for opportunities for enhancements for efficiency
This position will manage our Production Design team. This role will also collaborate / oversee work developed by external contractors, vendors and production partners.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Marketing, Graphic Design or related major preferred
- 10+ years of experience in creative agency setting or related experience in creative, marketing and direct mail design
- Strong business and personal ethics
- Previous management experience
- Although a primary focus of this role is direct mail, experience in the designing of digital marketing materials such as emails, landing pages, display ads, and social media ads is a plus.
- Experience with transitions, animation, motion design, and dynamic interaction a plus
- Copy-editing skills and ability to write custom copy also a plus
- User Interface/User Experience and designing for mobile
- Familiarity with project and file management systems such as Basecamp, Dropbox and Google Drive.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must have excellent communication skills in order to clearly articulate your ideas in a way that resonates with your team and other departments, while being receptive to feedback and direction
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Have both the innate ability to think strategically and influence others as well as the ability to maintain focus and momentum in the midst of a high volume of deliverables. Ability to juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Have excellent creativity and collaboration with the ability to brainstorm, share your design perspective, work across teams, and bring a concept to life
- Empathy and enthusiasm for businesses in both big and small and with brands of all kinds
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, attentive to deadlines, details, organization, and an effective time manager
- Strong business and personal ethics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer literate.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Organized with file management.
- Have both the innate ability to think strategically and influence others as well as the ability to maintain focus and momentum in the midst of a high volume of deliverables. You are able to juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations.
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch App, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.