Anderson is looking for an entry level administrative assistant/receptionist for our location in Poway, CA.
Responsible for answering incoming calls and directs caller to appropriate personnel. Greets, welcomes and directs all visitors ensuring compliance with Anderson security procedures. Represents Anderson in a professional manor at all times to ensure that both callers and visitors find this first impression of the company to be the best in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer multiple lines; determine purpose of callers, and forward calls efficiently and courteously to correct individual and/or department.
- Retrieve messages from the general voice mailbox and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Take and deliver messages or transfer calls to voicemail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answer questions about organization and provide callers with address, directions, and other appropriate information.
- Welcome visitors, applicants and staff in a warm, friendly manner.
- Determine nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor visitor security access; maintain visitor logbook.
- Receive and route courier deliveries.
- Ensure that reception area, file room, and break rooms and downstairs bathroom are neat, clean, and organized.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and publications.
- Occasionally assist with mass mailing projects as needed.
- Process and prepare outgoing mail.
- Order and receive office supplies.
- Maintaining inventory for the office supplies and breakroom supplies
- File current shop tickets and manage the transfer of old shop tickets to permanent storage.
- Input data on electronic worksheets for a variety of recurring projects (Excel).
- Calculate job times, count petty cash, stamps.
- Other special projects as requested.
- Work independently with attention to detail and focus on responsibilities.
- Excellent internal and external customer service
- Energetic, proactive and able to multi-task
- Proficient with computers, computer software, and technology
- Pleasant and personable over the phone and in person
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Self-starter who works well independently and in a team environment
- Able to coordinate and prioritize multiple competing tasks
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- 1-2 years office experience.
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Computer literate with intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications.
Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently and maintain a pleasant and positive demeanor.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finer,
handle, or feel, speak, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with
hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability
to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Monday – Friday 7:45am – 4:30pm and occasional required overtime