401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, and Flexible Time Off
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Controller will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, and providing strategic financial guidance to support the company’s growth and stability. This position requires strong financial acumen, leadership skills, and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of financial integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead and manage the finance and accounting team, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial reporting staff.
2. Oversee the day-to-day financial operations, including financial transactions, journal entries, and reconciliations.
3. Prepare and review financial statements, budgets, and forecasts, and present them to senior management and stakeholders.
4. Develop and maintain internal controls and accounting policies to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with regulations.
5. Collaborate with external auditors and tax consultants during audits and filings, providing necessary documentation and support.
6. Monitor cash flow, liquidity, and investment strategies to optimize the company’s financial position. Liaison between the company and the bank for all communication and negotiations.
7. Analyze financial data to identify trends, risks, and opportunities for cost control and process improvement.
8. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of accounting standards (GAAP) and stay updated on relevant regulatory changes.
9. Provide financial analysis and recommendations to support strategic decision-making.
10. Assess and manage financial risks and implement risk mitigation strategies.
11. Timely and accurate submission of quarterly tax estimates, annual tax returns. Ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations. Liaison between company and outside CPA firm.
12. Responsible for all key financial processes with the company’s ESOP plan including but not limited to: facilitating the calculation of the annual ESOP contribution, leading the due diligence process for company valuation, calculating loan payments to shareholders, etc.
13. Attend annual ESOP and PrintStream (financial software) conferences to stay informed on current trends and any pertinent updates.
14. Facilitate annual renewals for all corporate insurances to ensure compliance with all client and business obligations. Liaison between company and outside insurance broker.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; CPA certification is preferred.
• Experience with ESOP accounting is a plus.
• Proven experience (5-7 years) in senior-level accounting or finance roles.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance.
• Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Excel.
• Strong leadership, team management, and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strategic thinking and a proactive approach to financial management.
• Familiarity with ERP systems is a plus (i.e. SAP, Ariba, Coupa, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Between $125,000.00 (USD) to $135,000.00 (USD) annually, depending on experience.